Student Forms


Should I use paper forms or online forms?

All students should complete the following through their Bursary Online Support System (BOSS) account:

  • Application for Disabled Students Allowance
  • Application for Dependants' Allowance
  • Change of Address
  • Change of Bank Details
  • Change of Personal Circumstances

Applications for Childcare Allowance and Practice Placement Expenses (PPE) claims are completed by downloading the appropriate form from the table below.

Completed forms (except PPE and Childcare reconciliation) should be sent to:

NHS Student Bursaries
Ridgway House
Northgate Close
BL6 6PQ   

Childcare reconciliation forms are also downloaded from the table below and should be sent to:

NHS Student Bursaries
PO Box 2253
BL6 9HX  

All forms (and any other correspondence including supporting evidence) must be sent with your student coversheet included.

PPE claim forms should be submitted to your university for authorisation. Your university will then send them to Ridgway House to be scanned in ready for processing. Don't forget that you MUST provide your university with your student coversheet otherwise there will be delays in the processing of your claim. Any PPE claims that we receive without a student coversheet will have to be returned to the university. It is really simple to include one - just log onto your BOSS account from any computer, go to the 'Documents' section at the bottom of your homepage and print off the 'PDF student coversheet'.

The table below also contains any self declaration evidence forms you will need.

In order to view these forms, please download Adobe Acrobat Reader here.

If you incur childcare costs and wish to apply for Childcare Allowance please download the form. Childcare Allowance application form
We will ask you to reconcile your childcare costs quarterly. You must complete and send us this form, along with your receipts, by the deadline, when we contact you. Childcare reconciliation form
You may be able to get help with your travel and accommodation costs whilst on a practice placement. Please make sure you read our guidance notes before making a claim.

Practice Placement Expenses (Travel and Accommodation) claim form 2013/2014

Practice Placement Expenses (Travel and Accommodation) claim form 2014/2015

Guide to completing your PPE claim form

If your parents' or spouse/partner's income has dropped by 15% or more compared to the previous tax year your bursary may be reassessed. Current Income Assessment form (PSM1 CI)
You need this form if you do not have a P60 or a week 52 payslip. Confirmation of Pay form (PSM60)
You need this form if you are self-employed, a company director or have income from land, property or furnished lettings. Declaration of Self Assessment Income form (PSM65)
You need this form if you are paying into a personal pension plan (not a company pension scheme). Please note tax relief must be quoted. Confirmation of Personal (Private) Pension Contributions Paid form (PSM90)