How to complain about your dentist

If you need to provide feedback or complain about primary care dental services in England or Wales the following information and links should be useful.


NHS England commissions NHS dental services in England.

If possible, in the first instance any comment or complaint about NHS dental treatment should be addressed to your dentist who will have an NHS monitored procedure for dealing with complaints.

Should this approach not be possible or not to your satisfaction, general information regarding the process for providing feedback about English NHS services is available at:

Feedback and complaints about the NHS in England

Further details and contact information about Primary care services are available here:

Complaining to NHS England

Contact information for NHS England is available here.


NHS Wales is responsible for NHS dental services in Wales

NHS organisations in Wales deal with complaints, claims and incidents within a process called “Putting Things Right”.

Further information about this process where you can raise concerns about your primary care dental service is detailed here:

Information leaflets about Putting Things Right

Putting Things Right - Raising a concern about the NHS

A guide to handling complaints in Wales


Private dental treatment

Should you have a complaint about privately provided treatment, your practice will have an in-house complaints procedure for local resolution. If local resolution cannot be reached then you may wish to contact The Dental Complaints Service.