If you paid for treatment before you applied to the NHS Low Income Scheme, you might be able to claim a refund.
Refunds have to be claimed within three months of the date you paid the charge or had a sight test.
Ask your pharmacist, hospital or doctor for an NHS receipt from FP57 when you pay - you can't get one later. The form tells you what to do.
How to claim a refund
For non-prescription refunds, you need to complete an HC5 form and send it back to us. The form you fill in depends on the country you live in.
If you live in England
Print, complete and post the relevant form back to us:
- NHS dental treatment HC5(D)
- sight test, glasses or contact lenses HC5(O)
- necessary costs of travel to receive NHS treatment HC5(T)
- NHS wigs or fabric supports HC5(W).
You can also order a form online and we'll post it to you. The HC5(W) form can't be ordered online - call 0300 330 1343 and we'll post the form to you.
If you live in Scotland
- Print the HC5 form and post it back to us
- Get an HC5 from your GP surgery or pharmacy.
If you live in Wales
- Call 0845 603 1108 (select the option for health publications) and ask for an HC5 to be sent to you
- You might be able to get an HC5 from the job centre, NHS hospitals, doctor's surgeries, dentists or opticians.