Before you contact us, please have a look at the information on this website or use the Ask Us function as below; your answer could already be within our pages.
The NHSBSA has launched a new enquiry system ‘Ask Us’. It enables you to get answers to questions you may have about the Pension Scheme by clicking on the ‘Ask Us’ icon to the left. The system can be used to get an answer to queries 24 hours a day, seven days a week without the need to call the helpline. If you cannot find the answer in the 'Ask Us' pages you will be given the opportunity to contact us via email.
You can also telephone our member helpline on 0300 3301 346.
If you are calling from abroad you can reach the member helpline on 0044 191 279 0571.
The Contact Centre are currently experiencing extremely high call volumes which means that the wait time is much longer that normal. These wait times are fluctuating all the time at the moment. We apologise for the delay and appreciate callers patience and understanding during this busy period. We will endeavour to answer the calls as quickly as possible. Thank you.
- If you wish to opt out of the Scheme the form SD502 is available to download here. If you do not have the facility to download or print this form please contact the Members Helpline to request application form SD502 on 0300 3301 346.
- Members requiring an estimate of your benefits - If you work for the NHS or a GP Practice please ask your pension/payroll/HR department/practice manager for an estimate of your retirement benefits as the majority of employers have access to an online retirement modelling tool that is available 24/7. This will be much quicker than requesting one from NHS Pensions as this could take up to 8 weeks. If your employer does not have access to this service or you are a deferred member please either request an estimate via the 'Ask Us' function or call the member helpline on 0300 3301 346.
- Note to members about third-party members consent - Change from February 2012
- If you have made a complaint that we have been unable to resolve informally you may ask for your case to be considered under our formal Dispute Resolution procedures. More information about this and the relevant form to complete can be found in our Pension Scheme forms section.
- If you are a deferred member of the NHS Pension Scheme approaching age 60 and you require an AW8P application form to claim your benefits then please click here.
- If you wish to inform us of a change in address you need to print off and complete this form and send it to NHS Pensions at the address below. Please note we cannot accept these details via email due to Data Protection regulations.
Freedom of Information requests - Click here to view our process, information we have previously released and to submit your request.
Employer's contact information can be found here.
Current average turnaround times
Please note our current average turn around times for February were:
| Awards Officer
| Awards Practitioner
| Sub Award Officer
| Sub Awards Practitioner
| Death Gratuity Officer
| Death Gratuity Practitioner
| Death Widow(ers) Officer
| Death Widow(ers) Practitioner
| Death Child Allowance Officer
| Death Child Allowance Practitioner
| Estimate - Practitioner
| Estimate - Officer
| Pensions on Divorce CETV
| Transfer In - Estimate
| Transfer Out - Estimate
| Transfer Out - Payment
| TV-5 Year Rejoiners
Please note: The NHS Business Services Authority may contact you to seek feedback on our customer services to determine ways for us to improve them in future.