Contact NHS Pensions











Contact us

Before you contact us, please have a look at the information on this website or use the Ask Us function; your answer could already be within our pages.

‘Ask Us’ enables you to get answers to questions you may have about the NHS Pension Scheme. Just click on the icon to the left. The system can be used to get an answer to queries 24 hours a day, seven days a week without  the need to call the helpline.  If you cannot find the answer in the 'Ask Us' pages you will be given the opportunity to contact us via email. 


The telephone number for our member helpline is: 0300 3301 346.

If you are calling from outside the UK please call on 0044 191 279 0571.

You can also email your queries to

  • If you wish to opt out of the Scheme the form SD502 is available to download here. If you do not have the facility to download or print this form please contact the Members Helpline to request application form SD502 on 0300 3301 346.
  • Members requiring an estimate of your benefits - If you work for the NHS or a GP Practice please ask your pension/payroll/HR department/practice manager for an estimate of your retirement benefits as the majority of employers have access to an online retirement modelling tool that is available 24/7. This will be much quicker than requesting one from NHS Pensions as this could take up to 8 weeks. If your employer does not have access to this service or you are a deferred member please either request an estimate via the 'Ask Us' function or call the member helpline on 0300 3301 346.
  • Note to members about third-party members consent - Change from February 2012 
  • If you have made a complaint that we have been unable to resolve informally you may ask for your case to be considered under our formal Dispute Resolution procedures. More information about this and the relevant form to complete can be found in our Pension Scheme forms section.
  • If you are a deferred member of the NHS Pension Scheme approaching age 60 and you require an AW8P application form to claim your benefits then please click here.
  • If you wish to inform us of a change in address you need to print off and complete this form and send it to NHS Pensions at the address below.  Please note we cannot accept these details via email due to Data Protection regulations.

Freedom of Information requests - Click here to view our process, information we have previously released and to submit your request.

Contact Address

NHS Pensions
Hesketh House
200-220 Broadway

Employer's contact information can be found here.

Current average turnaround times

Please note our current average turn around times for April were:

 Working days
 Awards Officer  22
 Awards Practitioner  29
 Sub Award Officer  10
 Sub Awards Practitioner  26
 Death Gratuity Officer  21
 Death Gratuity Practitioner  7
 Death Widow(ers) Officer  22
 Death Widow(ers)  Practitioner  5
 Death Child Allowance Officer  31
 Death Child Allowance Practitioner  0
 Refunds  2
 Estimate - Practitioner  23
 Estimate - Officer  15
 Pensions on Divorce CETV  24
 Transfer In - Estimate  25
 Transfer Out - Estimate  21
 Transfer Out - Payment  40
 TV-5 Year Rejoiners  73


Please note: The NHS Business Services Authority may contact you to seek feedback on our customer services to determine ways for us to improve them in future.