The programme aims to:
- encourage patients to take responsibility for their oral health
- focus on disease prevention
- reduce the amount of remedial dental work carried out
Patients will still have access to the full range of treatments available on the NHS when clinically appropriate.
The programme includes a financial system that focuses on two contractual measures:
These should provide the incentives to make sure practices continue to attract patients and deliver the clinical pathway within the limits their contract will allow.
- increase overall learning
- practice for any future rollout
There are now over 100 dental practices taking part in the programme.
Support and resources will be made available to practices, including:
- one-to-one calls
You can find these resources on our website.
Read our guide on becoming a prototype practice - what to do and when (PDF: 264KB) in order to prepare to implement the new contract prototype.