Information on your Annual Benefits Statement (ABS) and how to access it.
Annual Benefits Statements (ABS) are available to NHS Pension Scheme members working in:
- Direction Bodies
- smaller NHS organisations, such as GP practices
An ABS is different to a Total Reward Statement (TRS). You’ll not receive the employment or local benefits information as this is provided by ESR.
An ABS will provide you with an overview of your pension benefits. We base this on information provided to NHS Pensions by 31 March each year.
It'll include information such as:
- lump sum
- survivor pension
- membership and pay
- death benefits and nominations
The statements will be accessible online via the Total Reward Statement portal.
How do I access my Annual Benefit Statement?
Before you enrol for Verify:
To access your ABS, certain information must match with the information that your employer holds.
The matching information should be your:
- National Insurance number
- date of birth
Contact your employer if this information has changed and their records need updating.
Once you've done this, you can register with GOV.UK Verify
If you've already used GOV.UK Verify
If you have already proved your identity with Verify, you can use this to access your statement.
To view your statement:
- visit the Total Reward Statement portal.
- click ‘Log in or register’ on the homepage.
- click ‘I’ve used Verify before’
- select the identity provider you have already used and enter your email address and password
- a code will be sent to your mobile phone
- enter the code
You'll then be able to view your statement.