Forms we will accept by email where usual channels are no longer available
We'll accept the following forms by email to make sure critical services can be provided.
- AW8: Retirement Benefits Claim form
- AW8P: Deferred benefits claim form
- AW171: Revised Retirement Benefit Details (substitute awards)
- AW33E: Consideration of entitlement to ill health retirement benefits
- AW240: Consideration of entitlement for early payment of deferred benefits due to ill health
- AW341: Application to commute ill health benefits
- AW341A: Application to commute age benefits on the grounds of serious ill health
- AW9: Claim for Adult Dependant Pension on death of an active member
- AW11: Claim for a lump sum in death of an active member
- AW158: Claim for payment of children’s pension
- G60: Claim for adult dependant’s pensions, children’s pensions and allocated pensions
For pension payments
- RE08/09: Pensioner Re-employment form
These should be sent to email@example.com
Where employers and members are unable to use usual channels to provide a wet signature, the forms received by email will not be rejected.
You must confirm a wet signature could not be obtained in the main body of your accompanying email and the reason why.
Ill-health acceptance notifications where post may not be opened
We'll continue to send the ill-health notification letters by post. We'll also send an email to the main EA contact email address that's held on our database, where an ill health application has been accepted.
If members have applied to retire but would now like to defer their retirement, we ask that employers email details to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Deferred Retirement’ in the email subject heading.
Our team will prioritise this correspondence and cancel applications for retirement. Members will need to make new applications at a future date once they wish to retire.
Pensions Online (POL)
Pensions Online (POL) continues to be available for employers to update and amend members' pension records and POL continues to be monitored during this time.
To make sure we can continue to prioritise the delivery of this service, we have taken the decision to close the Pension Online Helpline (POLHD) at this time. Any calls should be made to the Employer Helpline.
If you need a password reset, email nhsbsa.POLHD@nhs.net.
Late payment charges
Late payment and interest charges will be reviewed if you're encountering administrative problems in submitting your payments within the due date.