ePACT2 is now live and the roll out to users has begun.
The benefits of ePACT2
ePACT2 has more functionality available to users than the original ePACT system, including the ability to:
- interrogate prescription data in ways not been possible before
- easily create data visualisation using interactive reports and dashboards
- look at high level data summaries down to individual prescription item detail
- schedule queries to be pre-run so the results are available when the user opens a dashboard
- export the data from reports and dashboards
- add an alert to trigger workflows based on specific events
- access to whole country data
- view patterns of prescribing at patient level
ePACT2 provides easy-to-use analysis, reports and dashboards. Users no longer need an N3 connection as you can access the system with just an internet connection.
Initially, a small number of users will be given access to ePACT2 within each organisation. Our plan is for all users of the current ePACT system to be migrated across to the ePACT2 system by Autumn 2017.
Certain elements of ePACT and ePACT2 will not be comparable. This is because ePACT2 has been enhanced to provide an improved data set.
It’s important for us to receive user feedback to help us improve the system and services we provide. You can give us feedback by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
ePACT User Agreement (EUA)
ePACT2 contains data down to a single prescription. Users with access to this level of data must be aware that confidential data can’t be shared outside of their organisation. Therefore we’ll be asking all users to read and agree to the ePACT2 User Agreement as part of the registration process.
ePACT2 Privacy Impact Assessment Summary
Training and support
To make sure the transition from ePACT to ePACT2 goes well, we have produced ‘How to’ guides. Online training is also available.
We're running a series of training events over the next few months.
Guide to the differences between ePACT and ePACT2
'How to’ guides
These guides are designed help you get the most from ePACT2.
Online Oracle Training Academy
Oracle Training Academy is available within ePACT2. It offers tutorials on analyse data and create dashboards.
To access the academy, just log into the system and then click on “Academy”.
In the academy you can:
- take a tour
- explore your data
- view reports in dashboards and analyses
Training sessions will last a full day and will include hands on experience of:
- how to access and navigate the system
- creating basic analysis
- adding additional views to an analysis
- creating and saving filters
WebEx sessions will be available for users who can’t attend a training sessions.
The sessions will last about two hours.
Find out how to register for a WebEx session.
This will help users understand how each dashboard and each set of analysis was designed. It will take into account:
- the methodology used
- any assumptions made during the process
Our aim is to have a specification available for each dashboard.
As additional dashboards are developed, further specifications will be added. These will include:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Dashboard
- Volume & Costs Dashboard
Data Dictionary – explaining the fields held in the system
Contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.