The NHS Business Services Authority is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
We’ll use the information you give in this application to:
- manage your payment for your prescription prepayment certificate
- help plan and make improvements to NHS services, and/or direct patient care
By law, we must process this information to be able to provide this service.
We will ask you for:
- information to identify you
- bank account or credit/debit card details to process your payment
We may use your information to check that your certificate is valid. If we can’t confirm that it’s valid, you may be sent a Penalty Charge Notice.
Your information will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Sharing your personal information
We will not share the information you provide with other organisations or individuals, unless they have a legal right to it.
Keeping your personal information
We will delete your personal data from our systems and files no later than 7 years from when you bought your prescription prepayment certificate.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you have the right to:
- request that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary
- request a review of the automated decision to issue you with a Penalty Charge Notice
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.
Find out more about the cookies we use when you use our online services.