Skip to main content Skip to footer

How to complain about your dentist

NHS dental services in England

If you want to complain about NHS dental treatment, you should make your complaint directly to your dentist. 

If you are not happy with the result, you can find out how to give more feedback:

Feedback and complaints about the NHS in England

More information about primary care services is available at:

Complaining to NHS England

Contact information for NHS England

NHS dental services in Wales

NHS organisations in Wales deal with complaints, claims and incidents within a process called 'putting things right'.

You can view more information about this process:

Information leaflets about 'putting things right'

Putting things right - raising a concern about the NHS

Guide to handling complaints in Wales

Private dental treatment

If you have a complaint about privately provided treatment, your practice will have a complaints procedure.

If you are not happy with the result, you can contact the dental complaints service.