Skip to main content Skip to footer

Bursary forms

There are some forms that you cannot complete in BOSS. These need to be completed, printed off and posted to us with your student coversheet.

Childcare allowance

If you have childcare costs during term time, you can apply for the NHS bursary Childcare Allowance. This form needs to be countersigned by your childcare provider.

Childcare Allowance application form (PDF: 203 KB)

Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses (TDAE) 

NHS bursary students may claim reimbursement towards the travel and accommodation costs they incur when attending a practice placement. You should refer to the guide before completing the claim form.

TDAE claim form for NHS Bursary students (PDF: 777KB)Travel and Dual Accommodation Expenses (TDAE) - Guide for NHS Bursary students (PDF: 611KB)

Income, pay and pension forms 

Current Income Assessment (means-tested bursary)

If your parents' or spouse/partner's income has reduced by 15% or more compared to the previous tax year, your bursary may be reassessed.Current income assessment form (PSM1 CI) (PDF: 148KB)

Income from employment

If your parents or spouse/partner are asked to provide recent evidence of income from employment, they should send either of their:

  • most recent P60
  • week 52 payslip

Self-employment income

If you or your parents or spouse/partner are asked to provide recent evidence of income from self-employment, we will accept any of the following documents:
•  personal tax calculation/computation statement from HMRC
•  self-assessment tax return
•  statement of accounts
•  accountant’s letter