The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
The service provider performing your review may forward your information to us. You agreed to this when you signed the relevant form, which is required as part of their NHS contract terms of service.
By law, we must process this information on behalf of the NHS.
We’ll use the information to:
- ensure the service provider has claimed the correct amount
- identify error or potential fraud
- help plan and make improvements to NHS services, and/or direct patient care
Sharing your personal information
To prevent, detect and investigate error and potential fraud, we may share your information with NHS commissioners and service providers.
Information that does not identify you will be shared with service provider contract managers so corrective action can be taken, where appropriate.
Your information will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Keeping your personal information
We will return the original form to the service provider within 1 month of the review being complete.
We will delete the scanned image no later than 24 months after the month we received it. This is to allow NHS England to audit our process.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you have the right to:
- request that your information be deleted if you believe the NHSBSA are keeping it for longer than necessary
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.