Prescription data is available to the public through Catalyst.
Catalyst has been updated with the new NHS Structure You can read more about the re-organisation and how it affects our systems and reports.
To access Catalyst, you'll need to input the following ID and password:
- ID - NHSBSAGuest
- Password - Password1234
If the password is locked, the system automatically reinstates the password. This may take up to 20 minutes.
Reports available to view
You can view the following reports:
- Controlled drugs
- Prescribing monitoring
- Prescribing comparators
- Cost comparators
- Volume comparators
- Advance Flu Report - Pharmacy Contractors
Organisational & demographic information and Common Information Reports including Items and Fees Dispensed and Practice Items is also available.
Dashboards available to view
Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) and electronic Repeat Dispensing (eRD) utilisation
These dashboards provide information on the electronic prescription service and electronic repeat dispensing.
They allow GP practices, CCGs, and other bodies to:
- see the variation in EPS and eRD prescribing across GP practices, within a CCG, and across CCGs
- see trends and variations in EPS and eRD dispensing across dispensers, and within Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs)
- help prioritise potential areas of activity
- help monitor the impact of initiatives to increase EPS and eRD utilisation
The dashboards support local interventions to help drive the growth of EPS and eRD. This means patients, prescribing organisations such as GP practices, and dispensing organisations such as pharmacies, can experience the potential benefits of the increased use of EPS and eRD.
Evidence-based interventions (EBI)
This provides information about baseline activity and estimated activity reduction goals for 17 interventions targeted by the evidence-based interventions programme.
The dashboard has an activity of 5 or below redacted, in accordance with the Department of Health and NHS England Statistical Policy: Disclosure and Confidentiality policy.
Medication safety indicators
This shows a set of prescribing indicators developed as part of a programme of work to reduce medication error and promote safer use of medicines, including:
Medicines Optimisation Dashboard
Medicines optimisation looks at the value that medicines deliver, making sure they are clinically effective and cost-effective.
The goal of medicines optimisation is to help patients to:
- get the right choice of medicines, at the right time
- access treatment that is clinically effective, based on the latest scientific discovery, at as low a price as possible
- improve their outcomes
- take their medicines correctly
- avoid taking unnecessary medicines
- reduce wastage of medicines
- improve medicines safety
The sandbox area is where we launch ideas and features of new reports and dashboards that are under development.
The first report in this area is the community pharmacy demand dashboard.
To support the coronavirus (COVID-19) preparedness and response, we've created a community pharmacy demand dashboard. This will help identify how many patients are routinely using each pharmacy and how many of those are 70 or over.
You can sort by Area Team, and rank pharmacies in your locality on the variables listed, including:
- Dispenser Code
- Dispenser Name
- Dispenser Postcode
- Total Patients (of all ages)
- Total Items Dispensed (to patients of all ages)
- Total Patients aged 70 or over
- Total Items Dispensed (to patients aged 70 or over)
- Percentage of Patients aged 70 and over
- Percentage of Items Dispensed to Patients aged 70 and over
If you've previously viewed data and reports in ISP, you'll find there's differences between the data available in Catalyst and that which was in ISP.
If you have previously downloaded data from ISP, you'll be unable to replicate the data by running your data from Catalyst.
For more information, view our guide to the differences between the systems (Word: 250KB).
Reports which have previously been available in the Information Services Portal (ISP) via the guest log in have been moved to this new application.
If you have any questions or would like more information, you can contact us.