The QOF is a voluntary reward and incentive programme for GP practices in England, introduced in 2004.
Practices are rewarded for:
- their achievements in relation to how well the practice is organised
- how patients view their experience at the surgery
- the amount of extra services offered, such as child health and maternity services
- how the practice manages the most prevalent chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes.
The QOF is divided into clinical domains:
- Coronary heart disease
- Diabetes mellitus
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Mental health
Charts showing prescribing of drugs included in QOF clinical domains