Got a question? Ask Us! Our online knowledge base puts the answers at your fingertips 24 hours a day. Click on the icon above.
If you can't find what you're looking for in Ask Us, please contact us directly. We offer a telephone translation service if English is not your first language.
NHS Low Income Scheme
Prescription prepayment certificate (PPC)
We're currently receiving a high volume of calls, so it may take you longer than usual to reach us. However, it's quick and easy to buy or renew a PPC online using the link above and you can find the answers to your questions about PPCs using our online knowledge base, Ask Us.
Medical and maternity exemption certificates
NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
Prescription Exemption Checking Service
European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
- Click here to email us about an existing EHIC.
- Click here to apply for a new or replacement EHIC free of charge. This is the quickest way to apply for a new or replacement EHIC.
- Telephone: 0300 330 1350 or 0191 279 0575 (from within the UK). Voice Automated service available 24 hours a day, or you can speak to an advisor 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm on Saturday.
- Telephone from outside the UK: +44 191 279 0575. Voice Automated service available 24 hours a day, or you can speak to an advisor 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm on Saturday (UK time).
- If you're deaf or hard of hearing and you have a textphone (sometimes called a minicom), you can contact us using the Text Relay service. Dial 18001 then the relevant phone number above.
Our postal address
- NHS Help with Health Costs
152 Pilgrim Street
Newcastle upon Tyne
How to make a complaint