Before you contact us, please have a look at the information on this website or use the Ask Us function; your answer could already be within our pages.
‘Ask Us’ enables you to get answers to questions you may have about the NHS Pension Scheme. Just click on the icon to the left. The system can be used to get an answer to queries 24 hours a day, seven days a week without the need to call the helpline. If you cannot find the answer in the 'Ask Us' pages you will be given the opportunity to contact us via email.
The telephone number for our member helpline is: 0300 3301 346.
If you are calling from outside the UK please call on 0044 191 279 0571.
Please be aware: NHS Pensions aim to process all award claims around 10 working days before the payable date or within 10 working days of receiving all of the necessary information. Although we make every effort to meet this, we are not currently able to process all awards within this time scale due to an unprecedented increase in work volumes.
The statutory target for payment of NHS Pensions requires that the pension and any lump sum be paid within one month of the payable date. We are currently working in strict date order to ensure that we are able to pay benefits due within this statutory target.
We thank you for your patience at this busy time and would ask that you only contact NHS Pensions when absolutely necessary as dealing with queries chasing outstanding payments can cause further delays to our processing times.
We would appreciate NHS employers advising any of their members, who are currently awaiting payment of their benefits, of this temporary increase in our processing time.
We will keep updating this regularly as the situation changes.
- If you wish to opt out of the Scheme the form SD502 is available to download here. If you do not have the facility to download or print this form please contact the Members Helpline to request application form SD502.
- Members requiring an estimate of your benefits - Total Reward Statement/Annual Benefit Statements provide information on your pension benefits. More information can be found here. If a statement is not available, please contact your pension/payroll/HR department/practice manager for an estimate of your retirement benefits as the majority of employers have access to an online retirement modelling tool that is available 24/7. If your employer does not have access to this service, or you are a deferred member, please either request an estimate via the 'Ask Us' function or call the member helpline.
- Note to members about third-party members consent - Change from February 2012
- If you are a deferred member of the NHS Pension Scheme approaching age 60 and you require an AW8P application form to claim your benefits then please click here.
- If you wish to inform us of a change in address you need to print off and complete this form and send it to NHS Pensions at the address below. Please note we cannot accept these details via email due to Data Protection regulations.
Freedom of Information requests - Click here to view our process, information we have previously released and to submit your request.
Employer's contact information can be found here.
Please note: The NHS Business Services Authority may contact you to seek feedback on our customer services to determine ways for us to improve them in future.
Follow @nhs_pensions on Twitter.