Below you will find the answers to the most common questions we are asked. If you cannot find the answer to your question below, please Contact Us.
How will I know my application has been assessed?
Availability of NHS Bursaries in 2016/17
Childcare Reconciliation Queries
BOSS Technical Queries
BOSS Application Form Queries
Change of Circumstance Queries
Supporting Evidence Queries
Definitions of common terms used by NHS Student Bursaries
Case studies outlining the amount of NHS Bursary and additional allowances awarded in various scenarios
Other Frequently Asked Questions that you may find useful are answered below.
1. What is an NHS Bursary?
2. Who can apply?
3. Am I eligible for an NHS Bursary?
4. Am I eligible for an NHS bursary (Medical and Dental students)?
5. How do I apply for an NHS bursary?
6. When will I know how much bursary I will receive?
7. How will my bursary be paid?
8. What is an Independent Student?
9. What could I be entitled to? (courses commencing on or after 1 September 2012)
10. What could I be entitled to? (courses commencing before 1 September 2012)
11. What is Dependants Allowance?
12. What is Parent Learning Allowance?
13. Am I entitled to help with my childcare costs?
14. Am I entitled to any help due to my disability?
15. Am I entitled to claim back travel or accommodation costs as a result of attending a practice placement? (courses commencing on or after 1 September 2012)
16. Am I entitled to claim back travel or accommodation costs as a result of attending a practice placement? (courses commencing before 1 September 2012)
17. What other forms of support could I be entitled to?
18. What should I do if my circumstances change?
19. What evidence should I provide to support my change of circumstance application on BOSS?
20. Will I be eligible for an NHS bursary if I have already had public funding for higher education?
21. Will I still be eligible for an NHS bursary if I am attending a part-time course?
22. Can I receive an NHS bursary if I am being seconded by my employer?
23. Am I entitled to any support if I have to take time off due to pregnancy or adopting a child?
24. What ID evidence can I supply to support my NHS bursary application?
25. Can students attending postgraduate nursing courses receive a bursary?
Copyright © 2012 NHSBSA