Main Application and Additional Forms














To view the documents in this section you need to have a PDF viewer. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Application forms for a Social Work Bursary

Applications are now being accepted for social work bursaries for the 2017/18 academic year.

You can find all the forms below together with details on where to send them. The closing date for application is 1 November 2017, however we recommend you send the relevant forms in as soon as possible.

Please select the correct application form below and read the guidance notes contained within it. Each form should be completed online then printed off, signed and posted to us at:

Social Work Bursaries
PO Box 141
Hesketh House
200-220 Broadway

Undergraduate social work bursary application form 2017-18

Postgraduate social work bursary form 2017-18

Additional forms for postgraduate students

The forms listed below should be used by postgraduate students only.

If you are on an undergraduate course, please contact your Local Education Authority (LEA) for possible assistance with your childcare costs or support for a disability.

Postgraduate student Disabled Student Allowance (DSA) application form (You must complete a DSA application form each academic year that you wish to claim this allowance).

Postgraduate Childcare Allowance application form 2017-18 - please only use this form if you now need to claim childcare costs for the current academic year.

You only need to complete the forms below if you are a postgraduate student and you are unable to provide evidence of a spouse, partner or civil partner's income or benefits as described in the application form guidance notes. Again, these forms are for use by postgraduate students only.

Confirmation of earnings

Confirmation of benefits

Guidance for students

We are currently updating our guidance for both Social Work Bursary undergraduate and postgraduate students and will be updating our Student Guidance web page shortly.

Other forms

If you need to change the bank or building society account we pay your Social Work Bursary into:

If you are applying for or are receiving a retainer: