Skip to main content Skip to footer

England Infected Blood Support Scheme

Scheme Survey

The England Infected Blood Support Scheme (EIBSS) will be seeking the feedback of all scheme members, via a scheme survey.
We’ll contact each scheme member using their preferred contact method and all scheme members can expect to receive their survey by email or post before 25 November 2022. If you normally communicate with us by telephone, we’ll contact you over the next couple of weeks to offer completion of the survey by telephone. The survey will close on 16 December 2022.

Responses will help us to understand the level of service we provide, to make continuous improvements and to shape the service to best meet the future needs of scheme members.

If a scheme member has provided an email address as a contact preference, they'll receive the survey from the email address:

This survey is completely independent of any recommendations that may be made by the Infected Blood Inquiry.

We support people historically infected with hepatitis C and/or HIV from NHS blood or blood products. We also help families, civil or long-term partners after the death of someone infected. 

Who can join the scheme and how to apply

Support is available for people with hepatitis C, HIV and their spouses or civil partners, or estates

If your hepatitis C condition changes

Apply for Special Category Mechanism for hepatitis C stage 1

Families and estates of deceased beneficiaries

The scheme provides support to spouses, civil partners and long-term partners of a deceased beneficiary

Discretionary support

A range of help is available for scheme members, this covers different types of financial support and advice

Talking therapy support

Being infected with hepatitis C or HIV from blood or blood products may have affected you and your family member

Financial and support services

A range of financial and other support is available for scheme members

EIBSS resources

Infected Blood Interim Compensation Payment Scheme, annual reports and focus group minutes

Contact EIBSS

Contact us if you have any queries, need an application form, or to update your personal details

England Infected Blood Support Scheme news

Government announcement about interim payments - 17 August 2022

17th August 2022

On 17 August 2022, the Government made this announcement about interim payments: 

Read more

Infected Blood announcement 29 November 2021

29th November 2021

Update regarding bereaved partner payments

Read more

Further announcement on behalf of the Cabinet Office

5th October 2021

Sir Robert Francis QC was appointed by the Cabinet Office to undertake an independent study

Read more