Skip to main content Skip to footer

Pay or challenge a Penalty Charge Notice

The online payment system will be unavailable on Sunday 22 September 2019 from 8am to 11am.

This is due to planned maintenance.

It’s quick and easy for you to pay or challenge your Penalty Charge Notice online. All you need to do is answer a few simple questions. It should take less than 5 minutes.

To pay your Penalty Charge Notice, you'll need a debit or credit card.

Pay or challenge now

If your reference number begins 'BECS/DR' 

You need to make your payment to NHS Dental Services instead. If you want to challenge your Penalty Charge Notice, you can contact us by:

Telephone: 0300 330 1368

Who can challenge?

You can only make a challenge if you:

  • were entitled to claim free NHS prescriptions or free or reduced cost NHS dental treatment, or you had a valid prescription prepayment certificate at the time
  • think you have an exceptional reason not to pay, and can show that you did not act wrongfully or with any lack of care

We won’t usually accept a challenge if your exemption certificate had expired, or you feel that you were misadvised by your doctor or pharmacy staff.