Find out if you are entitled to free NHS prescriptions and help with other NHS costs using our eligibility checker.
It usually takes 3 minutes to check.
If you claim free NHS prescriptions when you're not entitled, you could face a £100 penalty charge. Even if it's by mistake.
You're entitled to free NHS prescriptions if you:
- get certain benefits
- have a valid maternity exemption certificate
- have a valid medical exemption certificate
- have a valid war pension exemption certificate
- have an HC2 certificate (NHS Low Income Scheme)
- have paid for a prescription prepayment certificate
- are over 60
- are under 16 (or 16-18 and in full-time education)
Check if your existing exemption certificate is still valid
You could already be entitled to free NHS prescriptions if you have a valid exemption certificate.
Find out if your exemption certificate:
- entitles you to free NHS prescriptions
- is due to expire soon