We're looking for feedback on the Prescription Cost Analysis (PCA) annual National Statistics publication.
Why we are consulting
We released our first PCA publication in April 2020 after onboarding the release from NHS Digital following a public consultation.
We're keen to improve PCA by updating the methodology used and providing additional analysis.
We welcome feedback from anyone with an interest in these statistics. In particular, we would like feedback from:
- members of the pharmaceutical industry
- members of academia who have used PCA
- analysts working in government, the NHS, health sector, and pharmaceuticals
- members of the media and journalists
- members of the public
What we are asking
We'll be asking questions based on:
- the methodology used in the statistics
- the geographies that data are released for
- the drug classifications used within the release
- the time period covered by the statistics
- whether Secondary Care Medicines Data (SCMD) should be included in the release
All feedback is invited and appreciated, from expert analysts to the general public. We value all perspectives.
How to respond
We encourage you to respond online wherever possible, but we will also accept responses by email.
There is more information in the consultation document, which we would encourage you to read before completing your response. The document also includes a list of the consultation questions should you wish to download and provide your comments by email. This consultation is open until 15 February 2021.
Provide your feedback
If you are responding by email, please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.