This page was last reviewed and updated on 13 April 2022.
We invited feedback on the changes made to the Prescribing Costs in Hospitals and the Community Official Statistics publication, including the change of data source. The consultation took place between 15 November 2021 and 4 February 2022.
We consulted with users to:
- obtain feedback on the change of data source in these statistics, and the impacts this would have
- understand the usefulness of expanding the content of the publication, including geographical breakdowns and by drug classifications
- understand if the new format of the publication fully meets user needs
We did not receive any responses to this consultation. However, we did engage directly with other stakeholders to discuss the changes to this publication and their impacts. This included the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) and NHS England and Improvement (NHSEI).
Stakeholders were supportive of the changes made and noted that the new data source and more granular data made the statistics more accurate and useful. However, there was still a desire for the release of more granular data.
- adopted the new data source for these statistics and will continue to use this data source in future publications
- expanded the statistics and will continue to explore other means of making the statistics more useful to users
- continue to collect feedback on this publication through other channels and closely monitor their usage
If you would like more information about this consultation, you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.