A discretionary one-off payment of up to £900 per year, is available towards counselling costs for a beneficiary, and their families. This is in response to beneficiary feedback about the difficulties they have faced when seeking counselling. This funding is available for:
- the cost of an assessment with a counsellor
- the number of counselling sessions required
Who can apply for counselling?
To apply for the counselling discretionary one-off payment, the applicant must be one of the following:
- An infected beneficiary registered with the England Infected Blood Support Scheme (EIBSS).
- A bereaved beneficiary registered with EIBSS.
- Family members of an infected beneficiary registered with EIBSS or previous schemes.
How to apply for counselling
To apply through EIBSS, the applicant must send a:
- completed counselling discretionary one-off payment application form
- medical letter from a registered counsellor confirming the cost of the assessment
Alternatively, the applicant can send a medical letter from a registered counsellor confirming the cost, number of counselling sessions required, and confirmation of which approved register for counsellors they are on.
For help finding a locally registered counsellor, you can visit the following websites:
If you’re under the care of a specialist, the treatment centre you attend may be able to refer you to services in your area.
Your GP can also offer advice on local NHS services for support with your mental and physical health.
To request this discretionary payment, you should:
- Download and complete the counselling discretionary payment application form (PDF: 172KB).
- Print the application form.
- Post the completed form to: FREEPOST EIBSS (valid within the UK only) or at EIBSS, NHSBSA, Bridge House, 152 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 6SN.
You can also email us at email@example.com with your completed form and requested information.
Your application will be processed as soon as possible, however this may take up to 30 days from the date of receipt. If we need more information, we'll write to you.
If you need any assistance with completing your application form contact us by:
Telephone: 0300 330 1294
The phone lines are open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.