Skip to main content Skip to footer

How payments affect tax and benefits

If you live in the UK, payments from us will not affect your tax and benefits.

You do not need to declare any payments from this scheme when calculating your:

  • Income tax
  • entitlement to means-tested benefits
  • Universal Credit
  • Council Tax

Payments you receive from us are not considered as income for any applications you make to HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) or your Local Authority. This includes applications for help for council tax reduction or any other benefits.

You do not need to declare any payments as income when completing tax returns for HMRC.

If you get queries about your income from the scheme

If you get any queries from authorities such as DWP, HMRC or your local council, you can inform them of this guidance.

If you have further problems or they invite you to formal interview, let us know. We can provide you with a letter to confirm payments you have received from us. We'll tell these authorities to disregard our payments to you.