You can manage your bursary by logging in to BOSS.
In BOSS you can:
- view your payment dates and annual entitlement
- submit a new bursary application or reapply for a bursary
- monitor the overall status of your application
- notify us of a change in circumstances to a current bursary application
- apply for Disabled Students Allowances
- change the bank details you want your bursary to be paid into
- view the supporting evidence you’re required to submit with your application
- download a student coversheet - these should be included with any supporting evidence, paper forms or other correspondence that you send to us.
Check your payment dates
Your bursary is paid into your bank account on the third Friday of each month.
New NHS Bursary applicants
You’ll normally receive your first bursary payment within 10 working days of your application being finalised, as long as you have submitted your application form and supporting information by the deadline.
Continuing NHS Bursary applicants
Provided we received your application within the deadline, your payments will not be disrupted and you'll continue to be paid on the third Friday of each month.
Tell us about a change of circumstances
If there has been a change to your circumstances you must get in touch and let us know as soon as possible. You can do this via the Change of Circumstances section on your BOSS account.
The form can be used to tell us about:
- change of name
- change of address
- change of telephone number
- change of marital status (if already cohabiting prior to marriage)
- applying for a new childcare allowance claim if you did not apply on your main application, a paper BOSS CCA form will also be needed for this
- changes to childcare provider or cost during the academic year, a childcare reconciliation form will also be needed for this . If any of the new costs claimed are within a Childcare Reconciliation period that has already ended, you must also send receipts for that period
- a change in childcare arrangements – if you’re no longer paying for childcare, you need to give written confirmation giving the date that you last used the childcare provider
- changes to your dependant children
- changes to your own income / expenses
It's important you let us know about any changes as soon as possible, as this may affect how much bursary you are receiving.
Withdrawing from your course
If you are withdrawing from your course either temporarily or permanently, call us on 0300 330 1345 as soon as possible so we can hold any further bursary payments that may be due to you.
Your university will tell us in writing about your last day of attendance - once this is received we will recalculate your bursary entitlement.
If you're due a bursary payment after your withdrawal has been processed, this will be made to you on the next available payment run.
If an overpayment has been made, we will contact you to let you know about your repayment options.