The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- assess your application
- pay you
- detect and prevent fraud and mistakes
- help plan and make improvements to NHS services, and/or direct patient care
By law, we must process this information on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC).
Sharing your personal information
To prevent, detect and investigate fraud and errors, we may share your information with:
- Student Loans Company
- HM Revenue and Customs
- higher education institutions
- the Home Office
- organisations from which you receive benefits, bursaries, grants or support
- bodies performing functions on behalf of the above organisations
We may share information with the DHSC to investigate and prosecute fraud, or any other unlawful activity affecting the NHS.
We may share information with the Cabinet Office in relation to the National Fraud Initiative.
Anonymised information may also be shared with the DHSC to monitor compliance with equality law.
Information that identifies you will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Keeping your personal information
We will delete your data no later than seven years after your course finishes.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you have the right to:
- request that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.