We have adopted the model publication scheme and we publish in line with the definition document for the Health Sector (PDF: 162KB).
Who we are and what we do
- How we fit into the NHS structure (PDF: 75KB)
- Organisational structure
- Lists of, and information about, the NHSBSA's partner organisations (PDF: 75KB)
- Meetings with pharmaceutical companies and other medical suppliers - not applicable
- Senior staff and management board members
- Location and contact details for all public-facing departments
What we spend and how we spend it
- Annual statement of accounts
- Budgets and variance reports
- Financial audit reports (PDF: 1.7MB)
- Standing financial instructions (PDF: 130KB)
- Capital programme (available in our annual report)
- Staff and Board members' allowances and expenses
- Staff pay and grading structures
- Gender pay gap report
- Funding (including endowment funds) - available in our annual report
- Procurement and tendering procedures (PDF: 130KB)
- Spend over £25,000
- New contracts over £10,000
- New tender documents
- Performance against the 5 day payment target (PDF: 20KB)
- Prompt Payment Reporting
- Details of contracts currently being tendered - Search for NHS Business Services Authority
- List and value of contracts awarded and their value - Available on application.
- Exceptions to ERG controls
- GPC spend over £500
- Procurement projects
Our priorities and how we're doing
- Annual report
- Annual business plan
- Targets, aims and objectives
- Corporate Strategy
- Performance against targets (KPI) / performance framework
- Clinical governance - not applicable as we do not treat patients.
- Healthcare Commission annual check - not applicable as we do not treat patients.
- Audit reports - available on application.
- Service user surveys - available on application.
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA) summaries
- Data burden reduction
How we make decisions
- Board papers agenda, supporting papers and minutes
- Patient and public involvement strategy (PPI) - not applicable as we do not treat patients.
- Public consultations (for example, concerning closures/variations of services) - none to date.
- Internal communications guidance and criteria used for decision making i.e. process systems and key personnel – find this in the service area sections of the website.
Our policies and procedures
- Policies and procedures relating to the conduct of business and the provision of services
- Health and safety
- Policies and procedures relating to human resources including recruitment and employment policies
- Equality and diversity policies and equality scheme
- Standing financial procedures / instructions (PDF: 163KB)
- Standing orders
- Complaints and other customer service policies and procedures
- Data protection / records management / Caldicott Guardian
- Estate management (PDF: 1.14MB)
Charging regimes and policies
Lists and registers
- We are not subject to any legal requirements to hold publicly available registers.
- List of main contractors / suppliers - available on application
- Assets registers and Information Asset Register - available on application
- Any register of interests kept in the authority
- Register of Gifts and Hospitality provided to Board members and senior personnel
- Disclosure log
Trade union facility time
Relevant union officials
|Number of employees who were relevant union officials during 2017/18||Full-time equivalent employee number|
Percentage of time spent on facility time during 2017 / 2018
|Percentage of time||Number of employees|
|1% - 50%||24|
|51% - 99%||0|
Percentage of pay bill spent on facility time during 2017 / 2018
|Total cost of facility time||£47,247.18|
|Total pay bill||£76,497,833.70|
|Percentage of the total pay bill spent on facility time||0.06%|
Paid trade union activities
|Time spent on paid trade union activities as a percentage of total paid facility time hours calculated as:|
|Hours on paid time||934.01|
|Total paid facility time hours||2852.92|
|(Total hours spent on paid trade union activities ÷ total paid facility time hours) x 100||32.74%|
Information contained within the publication scheme will be retained in line with our retention and disposal schedules, which comply with current Department of Health and Public Record Office Guidance.
Any questions, comments or complaints about our publication scheme should be sent to:
Newcastle upon Tyne
You can also email us at email@example.com