We have adopted the model publication scheme and we publish in line with the definition document for the Health Sector (PDF: 162KB).
Who we are and what we do
- How we fit into the NHS structure (PDF: 75KB)
- Organisational structure (PDF: 514KB)
- Lists of, and information about, the NHSBSA's partner organisations (PDF: 75KB)
- Meetings with pharmaceutical companies and other medical suppliers
- Senior staff and management board members
- Location and contact details for all public-facing departments
What we spend and how we spend it
- Annual statement of accounts (PDF: 2.24MB)
- Budgets and variance reports
- Financial audit reports (PDF: 1.7MB)
- Standing financial instructions (PDF: 130KB)
- Capital programme (available in our annual report)
- Staff and Board members' allowances and expenses
- Staff pay and grading structures (PDF: 17KB) 'pay multiple' details are available in our annual report
- Gender pay gap report 2016/17
- Funding (including endowment funds) - available in our annual report
- Procurement and tendering procedures (PDF: 130KB)
- Spend over £25,000
- New contracts over £10,000
- New tender documents
- Salaries of our directors and organisational chart
- Performance against the 5 day payment target (PDF: 20KB)
- Prompt Payment Reporting
- Details of contracts currently being tendered - Search for NHS Business Services Authority
- List and value of contracts awarded and their value - Available on application.
- Exceptions to ERG controls
- GPC spend over £500
- Procurement projects
Our priorities and how we're doing
- Annual report
- Annual business plan
- Targets, aims and objectives
- Corporate Strategy
- Performance against targets (KPI) / performance framework
- Clinical governance - not applicable as we do not treat patients.
- Healthcare Commission annual check - not applicable as we do not treat patients.
- Audit reports - available on application.
- Service user surveys - available on application.
- Data protection impact assessments (DPIA) summaries
- Data burden reduction (PDF: 303KB)
How we make decisions
- Board papers agenda, supporting papers and minutes
- Patient and public involvement strategy (PPI) - not applicable as we do not treat patients.
- Public consultations (for example, concerning closures/variations of services) - none to date.
- Internal communications guidance and criteria used for decision making i.e. process systems and key personnel – find this in the service area sections of the website.
Our policies and procedures
- Policies and procedures relating to the conduct of business and the provision of services
- Health and safety
- Policies and procedures relating to human resources including recruitment and employment policies
- Equality and diversity policies and equality scheme
- Standing financial procedures / instructions (PDF: 163KB)
- Standing orders
- Complaints and other customer service policies and procedures
- Data protection / records management / Caldicott Guardian
- Estate management (PDF: 1.14MB)
Charging regimes and policies
Lists and registers
- We are not subject to any legal requirements to hold publicly available registers.
- List of main contractors / suppliers - available on application
- Assets registers and Information Asset Register - available on application
- Any register of interests kept in the authority (PDF: 136KB)
- Register of Gifts and Hospitality provided to Board members and senior personnel
- Disclosure log
Trade union facility time
Relevant union officials
|Number of employees who were relevant union officials during 2017/18||Full-time equivalent employee number|
Percentage of time spent on facility time during 2017 / 2018
|Percentage of time||Number of employees|
|1% - 50%||24|
|51% - 99%||0|
Percentage of pay bill spent on facility time during 2017 / 2018
|Total cost of facility time||£47,247.18|
|Total pay bill||£76,497,833.70|
|Percentage of the total pay bill spent on facility time||0.06%|
Paid trade union activities
|Time spent on paid trade union activities as a percentage of total paid facility time hours calculated as:|
|Hours on paid time||934.01|
|Total paid facility time hours||2852.92|
|(Total hours spent on paid trade union activities ÷ total paid facility time hours) x 100||32.74%|
Information contained within the publication scheme will be retained in line with our retention and disposal schedules (PDF: 418KB), which comply with current Department of Health and Public Record Office Guidance.
Any questions, comments or complaints about our publication scheme should be sent to:
Head of Internal Governance,
Newcastle upon Tyne
You can contact us by:
Telephone: 0191 203 5484
Fax: 0191 244 6842
If you’re not satisfied with our response to your concern, you can contact our Corporate Secretary:
Telephone: 0191 244 6468