The NHS Business Services Authority is responsible for the Healthy Start service through which eligible applicants can get help to pay for specified food items as well as free vitamins.
Why we process your information
We’ll use the information you give in your Healthy Start application to:
- manage your Healthy Start payments
- help plan and make improvements to NHS services, and/or direct patient care
By law, we must process this information to be able to provide this service.
We will ask you for:
- information to identify you (for example, your name, address, date of birth, National Insurance number)
- your baby’s due date if you are pregnant
- details to help facilitate your payment
We may use your information to:
- verify your identity
- analyse the uptake of Get help to buy food and milk (Healthy Start)
- analyse with other user information to understand patterns and trends that will be used to plan and make improvements to NHS Services
Your information will not be transferred outside the UK or European Economic Area.
Sharing your personal information
To support more effective planning and improvements to NHS services and patient care, we may share our understanding of patterns and trends gained from patient information with:
- NHS Commissioners and service providers
- Department of Health and Social Care
Department of Health Nothern Ireland
- NHS Counter Fraud Authority
Social Security Scotland (Best Start)
To prevent, detect and investigate fraud and errors, we may share your information with:
NHS service providers
- Serco - they administer the Healthy Start paper voucher service
To send you a payment card we'll share your personal information with allpay. Allpay will load payment to your card and carry out checks to prevent money laundering and misuse of funds.
Keeping your personal information
We will keep your personal data on our systems and files for as long as you are eligible for the scheme. We will delete your personal data from our systems and files no later than 7 years after you leave the scheme.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
- request that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary
- request a review of the automated decision on whether or not you are eligible for the Get help to buy food and milk (Healthy Start) service
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.
Find out more about the cookies we use when you use our online services.