If you have used an unofficial website to apply for a UK European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), you can complete a quick online survey to help us gather information.
Why we process your information
The NHS Business Services Authority will use the information you have given us to:
- monitor the activities of unofficial websites and co-operate with any enforcement action against them
- help improve our processes
We will ask you for information relating to the website and fee you paid.
Your information will not be transferred outside the UK, European Economic Area or Switzerland.
Sharing this information
The information we obtain may be shared with other organisations as part of the monitoring of unofficial websites and any enforcement action, including criminal charges, which may be taken against website owners. These organisations are:
- Department of Health and Social Care
- NHS Counter Fraud Authority
- National Trading Standards
- bodies performing functions on their behalf
Keeping this information
The information will be deleted no later than 12 months from when it was provided to allow sufficient time for any investigations to be conducted.
National Trading Standards may hold the information for longer if they need to take enforcement action.