The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
When you complete a course of NHS dental treatment, your dentist submits some of your treatment details to us. You agreed to this when you signed the dental treatment form, which is required as part of your dentist’s contract terms.
By law, we must process this information on behalf of the NHS.
We use the information to:
- pay the dental practice
- secure effective and efficient delivery of NHS services
- check for fraud and errors
- survey NHS dentistry experience
- help plan and make improvements to NHS services, and/or direct patient care
We may use your information to check claims you make for help with NHS charges.
If we can’t confirm that you’re entitled to help, you may be sent a Penalty Charge Notice.
If you are in the NHS Pension scheme, we may also use the information to ensure your contact details are up to date.
Sharing your personal information
To prevent, detect and investigate fraud and errors, we may share your information with:
- NHS Counter Fraud Authority
- The Department for Work and Pensions
- HM Revenue and Customs
- NHS England
- NHS Service Commissioners and bodies performing functions on their behalf
- The General Dental Council
When necessary, we’ll only share information that can identify you with those:
- directly involved in your NHS care
- reviewing you NHS care
- with a legal right to it
- who you have given us permission to share with
This includes the General Dental Council, who are responsible for ensuring dentists act in the best interests of their patients.
We may share anonymised information relating to your treatment with the Department of Health and Social Care, and NHS England. This helps to develop new ways of delivering and paying for NHS dental services.
We also share anonymised information with other public sector health bodies, such as the CQC, NHS Digital and Public Health England. This helps to inform and develop improvements to healthcare.
Our data is published, subject to strict governance controls, by ourselves and NHS Digital. This keeps our data transparent and provides important statistical information to the public.
Information that identifies you will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Keeping your personal information
We will anonymise the information we have used from your form no later than 10 years after the month we receive it.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you have the right to request:
- that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary
- a review of the automated decision to issue you with a Penalty Charge Notice
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.