The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
We may use Amazon Connect when you call our Customer Contact Centre. This helps us improve how your call is handled, by:
- quickly answering common questions
- providing a virtual voice enabled assistant instead of a fixed options menu
- capturing information from you in advance and presenting this to our staff when they speak to you, reducing call times and confirming information needed to answer your query.
- providing us with call analysis information to help improve the service we provide
We do this in the interests of offering a good service to our customers and to protect public funds.
If you object to this you can ask to speak to staff or use an alternative means of contacting us.
Your information will be stored in the UK, and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing your call recording
Your information may be shared with other organisations if they have a legal right to it.
How long we keep your information
We will delete call recordings no more than 6 months after the call was made. This ensures that any subsequent investigations can be completed.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the call transcript
- request that the call recording be deleted if you believe the NHSBSA is processing it for longer than is necessary
The Amazon Connect will not make important decisions about you, it is only used to improve how your query is handled by the NHSBSA.
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.