We're responsible for the processing of your application, once you have submitted your request for employment with us.
As our role as your potential employer, we'll process your personal information to progress your application
Complying with the law
The law requires us to process your information so we can:
- check you are fit to work or confirm what reasonable adjustments are required, if applicable
- monitor the diversity of candidates to ensure we comply with the Equality Act 2010
- meet safeguarding law requirements where this is relevant to the vacancy role
- confirm Right to Work, identity, and eligibility for the vacancy
Before agreeing to an employment contract
We'll use your information within your employment application so that we can:
- assess your suitability for the role
- complete your pre-employment checks in line with our employers guidance
- detect and prevent any possible mistakes or fraud
Where we process your information
Your information will not be transferred outside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing your personal information
We may share your information with:
- medical professionals, to assess your fitness to work and any reasonable adjustments that you need
- the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), if your role requires a DBS check
- with named referees to obtain a reference
- organisations who may act on our behalf in the recruitment selection process
- any other organisation who has a legal right to it
Keeping your personal information
For non- successful applications, personal information in the e-recruitment system will be deleted within 400 days of the advertised application closing date.
This information is retained so that we can revisit vacancies and applications in case the vacancy needs re-advertising or to enable us to respond to any candidate queries.
Successful applications will remain in the system for 400 days, but only information relevant to the employment of successful candidates will be retained within staff employment records. This will be specified in your contract of employment.
If you withdraw at offer stage, you will not receive any further information and your details may still be retained for 400 days securely outside of the e-recruitment system
The information you provide will be managed as required by Data Protection law. You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information we hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
- request that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary