The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
We may record CCTV images of people entering, approaching, entering or passing our buildings to:
- help staff and visitors feel safer
- act as a deterrent to offenders
- allow the collection of evidence to help find and convict offenders
- prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute fraud
There will be clear signs outside the relevant buildings to advise you that CCTV is in operation.
By law we are required to do this protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our staff and protect NHS property and funds (PDF 54KB).
Your information will not be transferred outside the UK or European Economic Area (EEA).
Sharing your CCTV recording
Your information may be shared with other organisations if they have a legal right to it.
Keeping your personal information
We will delete recordings no more than 90 days after the CCTV footage was taken. This ensures that any subsequent investigations can be completed.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- view a copy of the CCTV recording
- request that the CCTV recording be deleted if you believe the NHSBSA is processing it for longer than is necessary
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.