The NHS Business Services Authority is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
We’ll use the information given to us by your midwife to process your application.
By law, we must process this information to be able to provide this service.
We will ask you for:
- information to identify you
- details of your due date or the date your child was born
We may use your information to check claims you make for help with NHS charges.
If we can’t confirm that you’re entitled to help, you may be sent a Penalty Charge Notice.
Your information will be used to help plan and make improvements to NHS services, and/or direct patient care.
Your information will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Sharing your personal information
To prevent, detect and investigate fraud and errors, we may share your information with:
- NHS commissioners and service providers
- NHS Digital
- NHS Counter Fraud Authority
- The Department for Work and Pensions
Keeping your personal information
Your personal data will be deleted from our systems no later than 24 months after your certificate expires.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you have the right to request:
- that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary
- a review of the automated decision to issue you with a Penalty Charge Notice
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.
Find out more about the cookies we use when you use our online services.