Find out about the funding available for social work students and how to apply.
Social work bursaries:
- can help with study and living costs whilst on your course
- do not need to be paid back
- get paid into your chosen bank account at the start of each term
- are only available to students who can prove they are eligible
- are limited (or capped) so there’s only a certain number available each year
- must be applied for each academic year
- are available to students who normally live in England
Social Work Bursary payment dates for Christmas and New Year 2019/20
Normal social work bursary payments for winter term 2020 will be paid 10 January 2020.
Additional and ad hoc payments will be paid:
- 20 December 2019, if processed on or before 15 December 2019
- 10 January 2020, if processed after 15 December 2019