Information about school closures during the Covid-19 outbreak
Payments during school closures
We've received confirmation from the Department of Health and Social Care that all Social Work Bursary payments will continue to be paid as normal during the period of school and university closures. Eligible students should continue to apply for payments as normal.
Key worker classification
We’ve had confirmation from DHSC that any students undertaking clinical healthcare courses are contributing to the national COVID-19 response and that these students are able to self-identify as key workers.
Find out about the funding available for social work students and how to apply.
Social work bursaries:
- can help with study and living costs whilst on your course
- do not need to be paid back
- get paid into your chosen bank account at the start of each term
- are only available to students who can prove they are eligible
- are limited (or capped) so there’s only a certain number available each year
- must be applied for each academic year
- are available to students who normally live in England