It’s important that you let us know straight away if your personal circumstances change as a change in circumstances could affect the amount of bursary you receive.
Once you have registered for a MyFunding account, you will be able to:
- Submit an application for a Social Work Bursary
- Upload relevant documentation in support of your application
- Change your personal details such as name, address and telephone number
- Change your bank details
You will need to inform us about:
- a change to your course or university
- a change in your course attendance, for example, a period of interruption or if you withdraw completely
Postgraduate students also need to let us know about a change of:
- relationship status
- income relating to any means tested element of your bursary award
- childcare arrangements, if you are claiming the Childcare Allowance
Change of course, university or attendance
Withdrawing from your course
If you are withdrawing from your course, either temporarily or permanently, contact us as soon as possible so that we can hold any further bursary payments on your account to prevent an overpayment.
Once we receive confirmation of your withdrawal date, we'll carry out a withdrawal calculation:
- If this results in an overpayment, we’ll contact you in writing to advise you of the repayment options available to you.
- If you've been underpaid, this will be made to your bank account on our next available payment run.
Changes affecting postgraduate students only
Change of childcare costs or provider
Download and complete a new childcare allowance application form then upload it to your MyFunding account with a covering letter.
Uploading a document to your MyFunding account
The selected file must be:
- a JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF or PDF
- an original copy which displays the document in full
- clear and in focus
- in colour
- unaltered by computer software
- at least 50KB and no more than 5 MB
If the document does not meet this criteria your application will be rejected.
Childcare costs due to coronavirus
If your childcare provision is suspended temporarily and you incur costs for periods where childcare is not provided, you may be able to claim a refund through the Social Work Bursary.
You must be able to show that the childcare provider did not agree to waive the costs.
You should submit your childcare reconciliation forms for these periods as normal, along with a signed and dated copy of your childcare provider’s contract.
Claims will be looked at on a case by case basis.
Reduction in income
You will need to complete this form if you are in receipt of the means tested maintenance grant and your income or that of your spouse or partner has reduced since you applied for your bursary.
You can access this form from your MyFunding account.
Change of relationship status
If you marry, divorce, separate or move in with a partner, you will need to inform us as this could affect your bursary entitlement.