It’s important that you let us know straight away if your personal circumstances change as this may affect the amount of bursary you receive.
You will need to inform us about:
- a change to your course or university
- a change in your course attendance, for example, a period of interruption or if you withdraw completely
Postgraduate students also need to let us know about a change of:
- relationship status
- income relating to any means-tested element of your bursary award
- childcare arrangements, if you are claiming the Childcare Allowance
Current Social Work Bursary students
If you currently have a MyFunding account you can still:
- upload relevant documentation in support of your existing social work bursary award
- change your personal details such as name, address and telephone number
- change your bank details
Change of course, university or attendance
Withdrawing from your course
If you are withdrawing from your course, either temporarily or permanently, contact us as soon as possible so that we can hold any further bursary payments on your account to prevent an overpayment.
Once we receive confirmation of your withdrawal date, we'll carry out a withdrawal calculation:
- If this results in an overpayment, we’ll contact you in writing to advise you of the repayment options available to you.
- If you've been underpaid, this will be made to your bank account on our next available payment run.
Changes affecting postgraduate students
Change of childcare costs or provider
Download and complete a new childcare allowance application form then upload it to your MyFunding account with a covering letter.
You should submit your childcare reconciliation forms for these periods as normal, along with a signed and dated copy of your childcare provider’s contract.
Reduction in income
You will need to complete this form if you are in receipt of the means tested maintenance grant and your income or that of your spouse or partner has reduced since you applied for your bursary.
You can access this form from your MyFunding account.
Change of relationship status
If you marry, divorce, separate or move in with a partner, you will need to inform us as this could affect your bursary entitlement.