What is provider assurance?
The Dental Provider Assurance (PA) services provide performance and contract management activities. We provide assurance about the quality and probity of treatment delivered by NHS primary care dentistry contracts.
We give assurance through evidence based activities for:
- dental providers
We use these activities to understand risks and allow providers and commissioners and stakeholders to manage them.
We've been supporting NHS England and NHS Improvement in their response to the NHS Protect Loss Analysis Report since 2015. This began with delivering the 28 Day Re-attendance activity review.
We’re working with NHS England and NHS Improvement and Welsh Health Boards to develop the service further with the following goals:
- make sure that all providers are treated consistently
- manage risks at a national level
- free up commissioners to support providers locally
Principles of delivery
We aim to :
- make sure the service is always clinically led
- work in collaboration with providers
- focus on specific risks
- deliver guidance and information
- make sure it's an evidenced based and non-judgemental service
- enable and support providers to deliver their activity