Information on funding support available for healthcare students starting their course on or after 1 August 2017.
This section provides information for healthcare students who start one of the following pre-registration courses in England on or after 1 August 2017:
- Nursing (adult, child, mental health, learning disability, joint nursing/social work)
- Occupational therapy
- Operating department practitioner
- Orthotics and prosthetics
- Radiography (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Speech and language therapy
There are also a few Dental Therapy and Dental Hygiene courses where students may be eligible to apply for help from LSF. If you're on one of these courses and in receipt of a student loan, please check with your university in the first instance or contact us for more information.
New students are defined as those starting a course:
- for the first time on 1 August 2017 or later
- on 1 August 2017 or later, as a full time student, having transferred from a previous designated part-time course or full-time distance learning course which started before 1 August 2017