Information for students who are eligible for an NHS Bursary
There are several types of students who can apply for an NHS Bursary, including:
- continuing students who started their course before 1 August 2017 (continuing students)
- medical and dental students in their bursary eligible years
Students who fall under the transitional arrangements category for 2017/18 can apply if they have started certain courses, including:
- dental therapy
- dental hygiene courses
These courses must have started between 1 August 2017 and 31 July 2018.
New students starting a dental therapy or dental hygiene course for the 2018/19 academic year can apply for an NHS Bursary if they attend:
- Birmingham Dental Hospital and School of Dentistry
- Bristol Dental School
- Eastman Dental Hospital
- Greater Manchester School for Dental Care Professionals
- King's College Hospital Foundation Trust
You can find out:
If you already have a bursary, you can:
You can also contact us.
If you're returning to study on or after 1 August 2017, check with your university to see if you're eligible to return on an NHS Bursary or whether you should apply to the Student Loans Company for tuition fees and maintenance loans.