- monitor the performance performers
- detect and prevent fraud or other unlawful activities
We complete monitoring on a three year rolling cycle, and we’ll choose 350 performers at random each year to review.
Each performer we choose has a minimum of 5 cases reviewed by us over 3 years.
As part of a clinical review, we'll:
- request a full record of the case being reviewed
- produce a report with our findings
- send the report to the contact holder for review
- send the report to the responsible Area Team or Health body with the observations from the contract holder within 14 days
Find out more in the Clinical monitoring and reporting document (PDF: 821KB)
If you are selected for review, we’ll send instructions telling you what to do next.Example Provider Report (PDF :244KB)Example Commissioning Body Report (PDF: 238KB)Letter requesting records (PDF: 90KB)Orthodontic case assessment (PDF: 30KB)