Depending on your circumstances, you’ll receive either a Total Reward Statement or an Annual Benefit Statement each year.
You can find out:
View your statement
There are two ways you can access your TRS statement:
- using Gov.uk Verify
- using ESR Employee Self Service
What GOV.UK Verify is
To use some digital services, the government needs to check you are who you say you are. GOV.UK Verify gives you simple access to services like checking your state pension or driving licence details.
It’s safe and secure
GOV.UK Verify has been developed by the Government Digital Service (GDS) and meets the highest levels of international standards for security and data protection. With GOV.UK Verify, you can be confident your identity is protected.
Partner companies assure your identity. This means the government never needs to see your personal information and the partner companies never know which service you’re using.
It gives you access to services you use
You only need to register with GOV.UK Verify once. You’ll then be able to quickly and easily access government services. You’ll be able to securely log in with your username.
It’s simple to use
- You’ll be asked some questions to work out which partner companies are most likely to be able to verify your identity
- You then choose from a list of carefully selected partner companies who can verify your identity
- They ask you some questions to establish it’s really you. For example, you might be asked for information about your passport or driving licence
None of this data is seen by government or stored centrally. It’s the best way to protect your information and to keep things simple, safe and secure.
There are a number of ways our partners check your identity including: driver’s licence, passport or answering a question based on your credit history.
There’s more information about GOV.UK Verify available on their website.
To access your TRS using ESR Self Service, log in to ESR and use the 'Total Reward Statement' link.
What ESR Employee Self Service is
The Electronic Staff Record (ESR) is an integrated HR and payroll system for NHS organisations in England and Wales.
Not all NHS Employers offer access to ESR, ask your employer if you would like more information.
If you have trouble accessing your TRS
Accessing your statement using GOV.UK Verify
If you're having trouble accessing your statement using GOV.UK Verify, telephone 0300 330 1351
Accessing your statement using ESR Employee Self Service
If you’re having trouble accessing ESR, contact your local ESR administrator for help.
Logged in but having further problems
Haven't received a TRS Statement
You might not receive a statement if:
- your employer is not currently ‘live’
- you are not a member of the NHS Pension Scheme
- you are a new member of the NHS Pension Scheme with less than one year’s service
- you have less than one year’s service with your current employer
- you are no longer employed by the NHS and are in receipt of your NHS Pension;
- your employer does not use ESR and you are not a member of the NHS Pension Scheme
Cannot view your NHS Pension information
Your NHS Pension information might not be available if you're:
- not a member of the NHS Pension Scheme
- a new member of the NHS Pension Scheme with less than one year’s service
- already receiving an NHS Pension
There may be an issue calculating you NHS Pension using the automated system. Contact your employer for an estimate of your NHS Pension benefits.
Cannot view your employment information
You might not be able to view your employment information if:
- your employer does not use ESR and your employment details are not available
- you started your NHS employment during the current financial year, as statement information is always as at the end of the previous financial year
- bank posts are not currently included on the statements
Your employer will let you know when a new statement becomes available.
You can also find out by: