Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance and measures
Latest guidance and measures, including:
- updated information on the NHS & Social Care Coronavirus Life Assurance Scheme 2020
- the reintroduction in October 2022 of abatement and the 16 hour rule for those returning to work after retirement
What you can do in the member hub
In the member hub you'll find all the information you need about being a member of the NHS Pension Scheme.
If you work for the NHS and you are not in the Scheme, you can find out how to join.
If you have a change of circumstances
There may be changes in your circumstances that can affect your pension.
Find out what to do if you:
- want to leave or take a break from the Scheme
- are going through a divorce or dissolving a civil partnership
- want to nominate someone to receive your pension benefits if you die
- want to apply to receive bereavement benefits
- want to change your personal details
Find out about:
- contributions to your pension based on your pensionable pay
- transferring a previous pension into the scheme
- increasing your pension
Read more about pensionable pay (PDF:145KB).
Preparing for retirement
Keep up to date by subscribing to our:
It’s important that you tell us about a change of address or personal details so we can keep our records up to date.
If we are not able to contact you we may use the services of a third party to check the address shown on your credit history record to see if the address they hold is more up to date.
This will leave a 'soft trace' on your credit record and will be visible to you if you access your credit report.
This does not affect your credit rating.