Skip to main content Skip to footer

Useful information

On this page you will find information you may find useful.

If you would like a copy of information from your records there is a charge. Details and instructions are in the copies request form (Word: 97.5KB).

Find out how you can keep up to date with important NHS Pensions news. It’s just as important for you to keep in touch with us. Please let us know straight away if any of your personal details change. On this page you will also find links to further advice.

Member Newsletter

You can keep up to date with the latest news by subscribing to the quarterly Member Newsletter. If you would like to sign up to receive the quarterly Member Newsletter, please send your email address to


Add this email address to your address book or safe senders list to reduce the risk of the newsletters being filtered into your junk or spam folder.  

To help us evaluate our services, we may contact you from time to time to invite you to share your views. Your details will not be shared with any third parties.

Read our most recent Member Newsletter - Edition 10 Summer 2017 (PDF: 323KB)

Pensioner Newsletter

We publish a Pensioner Newsletter in April each year.

We are planning to send future Pensioner Newsletters by email where possible. If you are receiving your NHS pension, we would like you to send your email address and pension membership (SD) or reference number to for our records.

Read the Pensioners Newsletter 2017 (PDF: 327KB).

Employer directory

If you need to contact your current or previous employer you may be able to find their contact details by using this employer directory.

Change of address or personal details

If any of your personal details change it is important that you keep us up to date. Please inform your employer or us directly. How you update your address will depend on your circumstances. Read the how do I change my address factsheet (PDF: 180KB) and complete the change of address form (WORD: 225KB).

Gender recognition

The Gender Recognition process enables transsexual people to be legally recognised in their chosen gender. For more information about Gender Recognition for members of the NHS Pension Scheme read the gender recognition factsheet (PDF: 129KB).

Independent financial advice

NHS Pensions and Pension Officers cannot give you financial advice. Therefore if you are in any doubt about the pension arrangements that will be best for you, you should seek independent financial advice.


Under the Financial Services and Markets Act of 2000, all financial advisers have to decide whether to be ‘independent’ or ‘restricted’. An independent financial advisor can offer a range of financial services and products while a restricted financial adviser can only offer products from one company or a selection of companies.


Before you ask for advice, make sure you know which type of adviser you are dealing with. Most financial advisers will charge for their advice.


Your Pension Officer may be able to help you find a source of independent financial advice or you can contact the address below for a list of local companies.


IFA Promotions Limited

17-19 Emery Road




Telephone: 0845 606 1234



You can also visit, a website run by The Personal Finance Society who are the professional body for financial advisors. Their website provides access to appropriately qualified members who commit to the highest professional ethical standards.


You should check that the company you have chosen is authorised with the Financial Conduct Authority.


Financial Conduct Authority

25 The North Colonnade

Canary Wharf


E14 5HS

Telephone: 0845 606 1234


Useful links

NHS Pension Board

The NHS Pension Board provides scrutiny and assurance of the administration of the NHS Pension Scheme.


The Money Advice Service

The Money Advice Service is a free independent service set up by the Government to help you manage your money better. It gives clear, unbiased advice to help you make informed choices about your finances, the website also includes a tool which helps you give your finances a health check. is the UK government’s digital service for people in England and Wales. It delivers information and practical advice about public services, bringing them all together in one place. This includes information about money, tax, benefits, pensions and retirement planning.


The Pensions Regulator

The Pensions Regulator is the UK regulator for work based pension schemes.


Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

The FCA is an independent body established by the Government to regulate the financial services industry in the UK. Their remit is to ensure:

  • confidence is maintained in the UK financial system
  • financial stability – contributing to the protection and enhancement of the stability of the UK financial system
  • consumer protection – securing the appropriate degree of protection for consumers
  • the reduction of financial crime – reducing the extent to which it is possible for a regulated business to be used for a purpose connected with financial crime


The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

TPAS is an independent non-profit organisation that provides free information, advice and guidance on the whole spectrum of pensions, including state, company, personal and stakeholder schemes.


Pensions Ombudsman

11 Belgrave Road



Telephone: 020 7630 2200



NHS stakeholder pensions

Standard Life:

Dundas House

20 Brandon Street



Telephone: 0800 33 33 06