Pensions Online (POL) is an online tool based on the internal NHS Network (N3).
It gives employers the facility to update and amend members ‘pension records.
Pensions Online estimates where calendar length of service is more than 40 years
You will need to refer any cases to NHS Pensions, where both of these apply:
- you processed an estimate on Pensions Online
- the calendar length service exceeded 40 years and above
You should email the member's name and membership (SD) number.
It should go to email@example.com with the heading ‘Maximum service’.
It is important you do not issue the estimate to the member until NHS Pensions has confirmed that it's ok to do so.
Exceeding £250,000 after lump sum commutation
An appendix needs to be included (PDF: 111KB) with estimate requests where members exceed £250,000 after lump sum commutation.
+ Pensions Online administration guides
We have several POL guides available:
6. Site update (no longer relevant)
13. SM8 (PDF: 216KB)
20. SD55 – Protected leaver (no longer relevant)
24. Changes to whole time or part time (no longer relvant)
29. TPP (no longer relevant)
37. View employer contacts