Pensions Online (POL) is an online tool based on the internal NHS Network (N3).
It gives employers the facility to update and amend members' pension records.
Complete our form to make amendments to the Pensions Online administrator details (PDF: 366KB)
Connecting to POL
Pensions Online is only available on a HSCN connection. If you have an N3 service or need a HSCN connection, you can read guidance on the NHS Digital website.
IP Address: 126.96.36.199
Ports: TCP 80 443
Pensions Online estimates where calendar length of service is more than 40 years
You'll need to refer any cases to NHS Pensions, where both of these apply:
- you processed an estimate on Pensions Online
- the calendar length service exceeded 40 years and above
You should email the member's name and membership (SD) number.
It should go to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading "Maximum service".
It's important you do not issue the estimate to the member until NHS Pensions has confirmed that it's okay to do so.
Exceeding 25% of the standard Lifetime Allowance after lump sum commutation
A Maximum lump sum commutation appendix (PDF: 116KB) needs to be included with estimate requests where members exceed a quarter of the standard Lifetime Allowance after lump sum commutation.
Confirmation of the standard Lifetime Allowance can be found on the Members Hub and the Lifetime Allowance page.
We have POL guides available:
1. What is Pensions Online (PDF: 339KB)
2. Frequently Asked Questions (PDF: 175KB)
3. Registration process (PDF: 251KB)
6. Site update (no longer relevant)
7. Administer employer access (PDF: 288KB)
8. E-forms overview (PDF: 227KB)
9. Automated forms overview (PDF: 223KB)
10. Automated SD55E/constructed values SD55E (PDF: 399KB)
11. ESR mid-year contribution rate changes (PDF: 232KB)
12. ESR changes to standard hours (PDF: 125KB)
13. SM8 (PDF: 218KB)
14. Joiner forms overview (PDF: 155KB)
15. SS10 joiner form (PDF: 533KB)
16. SS10GP joiner form (PDF: 642KB)
17. SS14 joiner form (PDF: 327KB)
18. SD55 - annual update (PDF: 1.1MB)
19. SD55 - terminating a period of employment (PDF: 1MB)
20. SD55 – Protected leaver (no longer relevant)
21. SD55G - Change of personal details (PDF: 133KB)
22. SD55E - Amending contributions, pay and hours (PDF: 629KB)
24. Changes to whole time or part time (no longer relevant)
26. Non-updated records (PDF: 218KB)
27. AW8 - Retirement benefits claim form (PDF: 1.7MB)
28. Form RF12 - Application for a refund of contributions (PDF: 385KB)
29. TPP (no longer relevant)
30. Agenda for change (PDF: 435KB)
31. GP1 (GP Practices only) (PDF: 481KB)
32. Notifications (PDF: 1.1MB)
34. Error handling (PDF: 2.3MB)
36. Change password (PDF: 56KB)
37. View employer contacts (PDF: 275KB)
38. Check member choice status (PDF: 252KB)
40. Greenbury guide (Word: 1.8MB)
41. Age estimates benefits statement (AEBS) employer training guide (PDF: 764KB)
42. Delete an employment (PDF: 631KB)