Skip to main content Skip to footer

Divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership

The value of pension benefits can be taken into account in a divorce settlement.

If a member is getting divorced, they may be asked to obtain a cash equivalent transfer value of their pension benefits.

If they do, they will ask you to complete the pay details request form (PD2) with information we need to calculate the cash equivalent transfer value.

Read the factsheet for information about divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership:

Pension Sharing on divorce or dissolution of a registered civil partnership factsheet (PDF: 176KB)