Provider Assurance Pharmaceutical Services provides NHS primary care dispensing contractors with information and feedback to encourage best practice and improve patient outcomes.
We support NHS pharmacy contractors to submit accurate claims for services, including:
- Medicine Use Reviews (MURs)
- New Medicine Service (NMS) reviews
- Vaccine services
- Appliance Use Reviews (AURs)
- Pandemic Medicine Delivery Service (MDS)
We also support community pharmacies with:
- the Pharmacy Quality Scheme
- PPE reimbursement scheme
- out of pocket expenses
Our guidance documents will help you submit your reimbursement claims.
Our post-payment verification (PPV) process ensures you’ve been paid the correct amount for the services you deliver. We sometimes review claims to check you haven’t received an overpayment or underpayment. We do this by requesting evidence to substantiate your claims.
Your evidence will be reviewed in line with the service specification or Drug Tariff. Once we’ve reviewed your claim, we’ll contact you to let you know one of three outcomes:
- Payment claims are verified by submitted evidence. No further action is required.
- We provide best practice feedback and payment claims are verified by submitted evidence.
- We provide feedback because the evidence provided does not match the submitted payment claims.
If the evidence provided does not match the payment claims, you may:
- let us know the discrepancy is because the advanced service was carried out in a particular month, but not claimed for until a later month. In this case, we will ask you to provide evidence for a different time period (up to 12 months within the financial year)
- accept the evidence does not match the payment claims and agree to a financial adjustment
If any investigation concludes an overpayment has been made, you will receive notification of the payment recovery and will be given the option to appeal.
We share our findings with NHS England and NHS Improvement local teams. Sometimes, the local team might contact you to discuss our findings.
What do contractors need to do?
If you're selected to take part in this work, you’ll receive a letter which includes full instructions on how to submit your MUR/NMS consent forms.
Only pharmacy contractors who we contact need to submit evidence.
Our telephone line for Pharmaceutical Services is currently closed due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. You can email us at email@example.com.