Similar to last year’s flu season, 2021/22 flu reimbursement claims are expected to be reviewed. This means you might get asked to submit information to support your reimbursement claims.
Throughout the flu season you should keep records of the vaccines you order, receive and administer. These records are important to enable accurate and timely submission of reimbursement claims.
In preparation for the 2021/22 flu vaccine season, we have some hints and tips to help you with your reimbursement claims:
1. You must not submit reimbursement claims for any government secured stock from 2020/21 or 2021/22. You are able to claim an Item of Service fee only.
2. You should make sure you have a monthly process in place to claim reimbursement and Item of Service fees for administered vaccines by the 5th of the following month. If the number of claims you’re submitting for reimbursement is different to the number of claims for Item of Service fees, you must be able to, if requested, confirm why.
3. You must keep appropriate records and supporting evidence to support your payment claims. You will only need to provide us with this evidence if we contact you.
Throughout the flu season you should keep records for each manufacturer of vaccine you administer. Your records should include the number of:
• vaccines retained from previous flu season
• vaccines ordered
• vaccines received
• Item of Service fees for adults between September 2021 and March 2022
• vaccine reimbursements claimed between September 2021 and March 2022
• vaccines returned for refund between September 2021 and March 2022
• vaccines destroyed or wasted between September 2021 and March 2022
• vaccines redistributed (others to claim reimbursement)
• vaccines retained for future use
In addition, you should keep records of where and what volume of vaccine has been supplied to each setting if your practice is:
- included within a PCN flu clinic
- taking part in co-administration of COVID-19 and flu
- providing vaccines for use in a clinic setting outside of the practice
Keeping these records is important to enable accurate and timely submission of reimbursement claims.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help preparing for the 2021/22 flu season.