This is an announcement on behalf of the Department of Health and Social Care.
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) would like to invite you to take part in user research for a new platform that will replace the current PPE Portal.
DHSC will be testing the new platform from January 2022. DHSC hopes to build a representative group across all sectors, experience levels and user needs.
DHSC is particularly interested in hearing from users with accessibility requirements, such as individuals with disabilities or those who are less familiar with online platforms.
During this time, you will be onboarded onto the new platform, and will order your PPE through the new system. There will be no change in the type or quantity of PPE that you can order.
Please note that this user research does not mean that DHSC has taken a decision on whether to continue to supply free PPE to health and care sectors beyond March 2022. DHSC will announce their decision in due course.
Why get involved:
- Gain early access to new and enhanced PPE Portal features.
- The opportunity to familiarise yourself with the new platform. Ahead of its full launch, this is a great opportunity to learn about the new platform and become comfortable using it.
- Help improve the new system. Your feedback is invaluable in ensuring the platform is meeting our users’ needs and is accessible to all.
What we would ask from you:
- DHSC anticipate your involvement to take no more than one hour a week. This includes using the new platform and feeding back your experiences. There will be a team on hand throughout the entire process to support you in using the new system.
- DHSC will ask you to complete some short surveys sharing your experiences of the current Portal as well as the new Portal.
- DHSC will also invite you to focus groups, where you can share more detailed feedback about your experiences on the Portal.
Should you wish to register your interest, please fill out this short PPE Portal user research form.
Invitations to join the new Portal, and our user research, will commence in early January 2022.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with DHSC at: email@example.com.