As you’ll know from recent Dentist Bulletins, changes have been made to FP17Ws and FP17OWs. From 1 December 2021:
- new data items are available on FP17Ws
- new data items are available on FP17OWs
- new ACORN validation changes are in place
- you can report whether a patient has declined to offer their contact details
- the length of time you have to update or replace FP17s and FP17Os has changed
New data items on FP17Ws
From 1 December 2021, on FP17Ws, you'll see the following options:
- custom made occlusal appliances – hard or soft bite have been fitted
- denture additions, relines and rebase were carried out
- AGP involved in the treatment provided
In addition, the description of the fillings code removes reference to 'and sealant restoration', and reporting on periodontitis ACORN assessment will now include two further options:
- periodontal examination not possible
New data item on FP17OWs
From 1 December 2021, on FP17OWs, you'll see 'AGP involved in the treatment provided' as an option.
ACORN validation changes
The following ACORN validation changes will be going live from 1 December 2021:
- entry for decayed permanent teeth will only be mandatory for patients aged 6 years and over
entry for decayed deciduous teeth will only be mandatory for patients under the age of 12
Capturing patient contact details
You now have the option to report whether a patient has declined to offer their email address and/ or mobile phone number as part of the activity submission - normally a process managed through the completion of the Practice Record form (PRWe).
Making changes to your validated FP17W and FP17OW submissions
From 1 December 2021, for updates completed online in Compass or using the schedule query process, you'll only be able to update FP17Ws/ FP17OWs from the previous financial year up to the published June cut-off date of the new financial year.
For example, you'll have until the June 2022 cut-off date to update or replace FP17Ws/ FP17OWs if the most recent date on the claim is between 1 April 2021 and 31 March 2022.
The financial year on your general FP17Ws is usually allocated according to the Date of Completion.
For FP17OWs, the financial year is based on:
- Date of Assessment for Assess and Review;
- Date of Assessment for Assess and Refuse; or
- Date Appliance Fitted for Assess/Appliance Fit claims
Incomplete treatment claims
Claims for incomplete treatment between the scheduling periods July to March are always allocated to the current financial year, irrespective of the Date of Last Visit.
Between April and June, incomplete treatment claims are allocated to the current financial year unless the Date of Last Visit falls within an earlier financial year. In this case, the previous financial year will be used.
If you need to update or replace any FP17s or FP17OWs that relate to the previous financial year, our customer contact centre can help you. Contact us using the details below.
If you have any questions about these changes, you can contact us:
0300 330 1348